Here in lower Fairfield County earth burial, entombment in a mausoleum, or cremation are the three most common methods for the final disposition of a person. Regardless of the choice you make for final disposition, usually there is some ritual or service leading up to, or immediately after, the final disposition.
For those who choose cremation as their preferred means of final disposition, we present here some choices you have as to funeral or memorial services before or after the cremation. Any service could be private or public.
- A funeral is conducted before cremation with the deceased present for the ceremony.
- A memorial service is usually held after the cremation and the deceased is not present. The cremated remains may, or may not, be present for the memorial service. This is a choice you make.
- A visitation/wake is usually held at our funeral home and the deceased may be present in a casket, urn or not present at all. This is a choice you make.
For our Burial Offerings go to Burial Packages.
- TRADITION CREMATION
A visitation/wake with embalming, a funeral service at your church or our funeral home prior to cremation and then a graveside service after cremation.
- CONTEMPORARY CREMATION
A visitation/wake with no embalming at our funeral home. A funeral service with the deceased present at your church or at our funeral home.
- MEMORIAL SERVICE WITH VISITATION/WAKE
A visitation/wake at our funeral home without the deceased present then a service at your church or our funeral home.
- MEMORIAL VISITATION/WAKE
A visitation at our funeral home without the deceased present.
- MEMORIAL SERVICE
At our funeral home without the deceased present.
- MEMORIAL SERVICE
At your church.
- GRAVESIDE COMMITTAL SERVICE
A gathering at the cemetery where the urn is to be buried with clergy present for final prayers.
- DIRECT CREMATION
For those who want the minimum professional involvement by our staff, or for those who want to keep costs to a minimum.
If one of these packages does not fit what you are looking for, then we would design a service exactly to meet your needs.
We are also willing to give you advice on how to set up a memorial service on your own.
Please call or write for a detailed information sheet that outlines all of the components for each package that you may be considering. Prices are always included.
Price lists are also available for traditional caskets, cremation caskets, cremation containers, and an extensive selection of urns.