Funerals serve an important purpose: they allow us to recognize a life that was lived and acknowledge that the life has come to an end. Funerals exist for the living, for survivors who suffer the loss of a loved one. We understand that every family is different. Influences such as religious and cultural traditions, cost concerns and personal preferences make each funeral as unique as the person who is being honored.
This section of our web site provides an overview of the different types of services that we provide. Our funeral directors will work with you to put together a personalized package, and discuss the many options and details that make each of our services a personal, lasting tribute to your loved one.
How Your Funeral Director Can Serve You
When a death occurs, your primary responsibility is to yourself and the ones you love. There are a number of things that require attention simultaneously. Regardless of the day or hour, Lawrence Funeral Home is always prepared to respond to your needs quickly and competently. The funeral director's main function is to assist you with the necessary details of the funeral process. Among the services funeral directors provide are:
- Arranging funeral plans
- Securing necessary permits and death certificates
- Care and custody of the body
- Coordinating all details with the clergy
- Placing obituary and funeral notices in newspapers
- Assisting in arranging for burial or cremation
- Assisting in arrangements for cemetery space, grave opening and closing, flowers and monuments
- Arranging transportation for you and the members of your family prior to, during, and after the funeral
- Supervision of the funeral or memorial service
- All necessary arrangements for transportation, funeral service, and burial if the deceased is to be sent to a distant location
For more information about our professional services, please contact us by e-mail or call us at (203) 655-6127. We're here to help.